9 August 2012 NBR paid content article link Report Notes:
- The NBS rating or seismic performance of buildings is a top-of-list topic that is now dominating many aspects of commercial property.
- The overstated speculative response to seismic status is a ridiculous 21,500 m2 or 175% increase in three months of proposed office supply.
- Rental values for most commercial and industrial properties continue to soften in the face of vacancy and generally oversupply.
- Commercial and industrial land values are back sharply whilst very good quality investment property values continue to hold-up well.
- Counter-cyclical property investment opportunities will continue to feature in 2012-13 and for more risky properties some unprecedented bargains now apply as more vendors or banks bite the bullet and meet the market.