Economic Indicators Monitoring | Hawke’s Bay and New Zealand
Registered Valuers. Registered Property Consultants. LINZ Accredited. Hawke’s Bay-based premium quality valuation and creative property strategy© leading +$0.5b acquisitions-disposals NZ-wide since 1998. Valuation litigation and commercial property specialists. Development and public land specialists. Our People. Property economy analysts and commentators – for Press.
Team Turley & Co has collated 33 economic and property indicators for Hawke’s Bay and NZ for monitoring pre-COVID and since.
Originally published 31 Jul 20 comparing pre-COVID metrics with the most recent – latest update 30 Jun 21:
Turley & Co Commercial-Industrial reports recent Press page and link below:
For Hawke’s Bay
Key measures for Hawke’s Bay as at mid-2021:
- Unemployment decrease from 4.1% to 3.2% for 18 months.
- Regional economy ranking is up 9 places to 2nd since pre-COVID.
- Retail occupancy stable since pre-COVID to March 2021. Next Turley & Co survey October.
- Quarterly retail spending is up 7.0% on 18 months prior.
- New building consents all categories up 41% and for residential 53% for 12 months.
- Median house price up 35% in 18 months.
For New Zealand
Key measures for New Zealand as at mid-2021:
- Unemployment is up 14.6% and underutilisation up 22% since pre-COVID.
- CPI inflation is 3.3% up from 1.9% 18 months prior.
- Business confidence is improved 95.5% since December 2019 from neg. 13.2% to neg. 0.6%.
- GDP is up 8.3% over 21 months.
- Government spending is up 9.6% in 15 months.
- Government net debt increase 44.4% to $83b in 12 months.
Follow Turley & Co on LinkedIn
© Turley & Co Ltd